https://hearingassetadvisors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/3350030807_3e230313df_o.jpg 534 800 bbpadmin https://hearingassetadvisors.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/New-HAA-Logo.jpg bbpadmin2013-03-14 12:56:282013-03-14 12:56:28Why Deals Don’t Close
- Don’t have a valid reason for selling.
- Are testing the waters to check the market and the price. (They are similar to the buyer who is “just shopping.”)
- Are completely unrealistic about the price and the market for their business.
- Are not honest about their business or their situation. The reason they want to sell is that the business is not viable, it has environmental problems or some other serious issues that the seller has not revealed, or new competition is entering the market.
- Don’t disclose that there is more than one owner and they are not all in agreement.
- Have not checked with their outside advisors about possible financial, tax or legal implications of selling their business.
- Are unprepared to accept seller financing or now unwilling to accept it.
- Don’t have a valid reason to buy a business, or the reason is not strong enough to overcome the fear.
- Have unrealistic expectations regarding price, the business buying process, and/or small business in general.
- Aren’t willing (many of them) to do the work necessary to own and operate a small business.
- Are influenced by a spouse (or someone else) who is opposed to the purchase of a business.